California Wildfire Legal Center

Potter Handy, LLP | Ray Quinney & Nebeker, PC

Camp Fire Information

It is often difficult to know what your rights are. Potter Handy will eval-uate your case, help you under-stand your rights, how they have been violated and what remedies are available.

If you or a loved one has been a victim of a utility-company-related wildfire, we will seek damages on your behalf for the losses you have incurred with absolutely no out-of-pocket expenses from you.

Utility companies, such as PG&E, are held to the highest standard when it comes to damage to persons’ property. Utility companies are responsible for damages if their power lines caused the fire, even if the utility company was not negligent.

You may be entitled to damages that your insurance – even good insurance — won’t cover. In addition to underinsured homes, most insurance policies don’t cover vegetation that is not part of the landscaping, natural vegetation or compensation for you or your family for the upheaval caused by the utility-company-related wildfire. The law provides for more compensation than most people realize.

With over 20 years of litigation experience, our wildfire law attorneys have successfully represented over 1000 plaintiffs who have been adversely affected by wildfires. These plaintiffs have recovered approximately $500 million in claims.

Finally, there are no out-of-pocket expenses. If we do not win, we don’t get paid.

Contact Us Today For More Information

PG&E: Negligent History
  •  1994 – Siera Blaze
  •  1999 – Pendola Fire
  •  2004 – Power Fire
  •  2008 – Whiskey Fire
  •  2010 – San Bruno Pipeline Explosion
  •  2015 – Butte Fire
  •  2017 – Santa Rosa Fire
Who Qualifies
  • Lost Your Home or Business 
  •  Suffered Land or Property Damage
  •  Vegetation was Destroyed
  •  Your Multifamily Building was Destroyed or Damaged
  •  Suffered Emotional Trauma or Distress
  •  Renters Who Have Been Displaced
What are Your Rights?
  • Compensation for Your Loss of Property
  •  Compensation for All Residents including Children
  •  Compensation for Emotional Distress or Trauma
  •  Compensation for your loss of work or business earnings.