Choice Health Data Breach Lawsuit
Consumer Protection Attorneys in California
On May 14, 2022, Choice Health learned that an unauthorized person was offering to allegedly make available data that was taken from Choice Health. An investigation was conducted into the incident and Potter Handy LLP learned that due to a technical security configuration issue caused by a third-party service provider, a Choice Health database was accessible through the internet.
It is believed that the unauthorized individual accessed the database from the internet and obtained certain database files on or about May 7, 2022. As a result of the breach, consumers’ personal identifiable and protected health information was stolen and may have been used for identity theft or other fraudulent activities.
What Information Was Involved in the Choice Health Data Breach?
The investigation has determined that the incident may have resulted in unauthorized access to some personal and protected health information. The information at issue varies by individual and may include:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Personal address
- Contact information
- Social security number
- Health insurance information
- Medicare beneficiary identification number
According to the sale listing, 600 MB of Choice Health data was stolen, consisting of over 2.1 million records and a wide range of data categories, including, in part:
- First Name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Rx history notes
- Medicaid number
- Medicare number
- Medication dosage and frequency
- Date of medications being prescribed
- Hospitalizations, illnesses, and diseases notes
- Credit card number, expiration date, security code
- Name of medication and what medical condition it is prescribed for
You may be entitled to damages or other remedies. If you received notice that your information was stolen due to the Choice Health data breach, contact Potter Handy, LLP to join our class action lawsuit. No out-of-pocket expenses from you. View example of what the letter looks like.
(858) 293-4614 Call now to review your case with our Data Breach intake specialist. During this call, our intake specialist will review your claim regarding the Choice Health Lawsuit.
Steps to Take if Your Personal Information Was Stolen
If you believe your personal information was stolen as part of this data breach, there are steps you can take:
- Review your credit report for any unauthorized transactions.
- Place a fraud alert on your credit file.
- Monitor your credit report for any changes.
- Close any accounts that have been tampered with or opened fraudulently.
- Notify your financial institution(s).
You should also consider speaking with an experienced data breach attorney who can help explain your legal rights, assess whether you have a claim and guide you through the next steps.
Consumers Are Entitled to the Highest Level of Security
While identity thieves are becoming more and more sophisticated in their attempts to circumvent businesses’ data protection measures, it is the responsibility of the business to provide the highest level of security possible for its customers and employees.
Our team of experienced consumer attorneys prevail for our clients against business breaches and illegal shakedowns of consumers’ protected health information.
If you received a letter that your information has been stolen because of an illegal breach, you may be entitled to compensation or other remedies.
If your data was compromised, Choice Health will send you a notice letter.